|page 1 of 1|
Norfolk Southern - Intermodal News - Jul 7th, 2022
- 10/15 - REMINDER - Selected Chicago Services Shift from 47 St & Landers to Calumet Effective October 21, 2013
As previously announced, effective October 21, 2013, Norfolk Southern will shift the Chicago-area terminal for eastbound train 20R and westbound train 25V from 47th St. to NS’s terminal at Calumet. As a result, selected services will originate or terminate at Calumet, enhancing train service and ter...
- 10/02 - Selected Chicago Services Shift from 47th St. & Landers to Calumet Effective October 21, 2013
Chicago-Charlotte International Service Improves to 2nd PM Effective October 21, 2013, Norfolk Southern will shift the Chicago-area terminal for eastbound train 20R and westbound train 25V from 47th St. to NS’s terminal at Calumet. As a result, selected services will originate or terminate at Calum...
- 09/09 - REMINDER Deliver-by Becomes Required Information on NS Local Domestic Shipments Effective 9/15/13
On September 15, 2013, "Deliver-by" will be added to the list of required information on shipping instructions for all IMC and Truckload customers (i.e., full-truckload shipments) in EMP, private domestic containers, and private trailers moving in local service via NS Intermodal. Deliver-by is the ...
JOC - Port News - Jul 7th, 2022
- Middle East container ports most efficient globally in 2021: index
Four of the top five ports in the Container Port Performance Index (CPPI) rankings for 2021 were in the Middle East, as widespread disruption challenged productivity at major gateways in North America, Asia, and Europe.
- Port automation debate intensifying amid West Coast labor talks
Messaging from employers and longshore unions indicates that the contentious issue of automation is coloring recently suspended contract talks between the International Longshore and Warehouse Union and the Pacific Maritime Association.
- Montreal relaunches search process for Contrecoeur terminal operator
The Montreal Port Authority is moving again to choose the group that will build and operate the proposed Contrecoeur container terminal, a project that would significantly boost the port's capacity.
Journal of Commerce - Jul 7th, 2022
- Usefulness of NMFC system nearing its end
For many in the less-than-truckload (LTL) sector, the National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) system for pricing has long outlived its need and value. While many carriers have made attempts to move away from it, FedEx Freight’s most recent quarterly results and presentations at the June 29 investors’ day show the NMFC is nearing its end.
- AscendTMS, electronic insurance partner aim to aid small fleets
Small truckload fleets want access to online insurance quotes and coverage, which led low-cost transportation management software provider AscendTMS to partner with trucking insurance specialist CarrierHQ.
- Cosco expects H1 net profit to hit $9.6 billion
The massively profitable container shipping environment was highlighted yet again in a first-half profit alert by Cosco Shipping Holdings, which would seem to put the carrier — and the industry — firmly on course for another record-breaking year.